Your privacy is very important to us. Please read below to see how SUPmedia Ltd (“GeoSUP”) handles information. Before you get to the details, here are a few of our fundamental privacy principles:
- Information you upload or post to GeoSUP may be seen by others depending on your privacy settings.
- We aggregate and de-identify certain information about our members to use for business purposes.
- We give you several ways to control the privacy of your personal information and are continuously working to enhance privacy options available to you.
GeoSUP is headquartered in the United Kingdom and our Services are provided to you by SUPmedia Ltd. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), SUPmedia Ltd is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of EU data protection law.
We Collect, Use, Share and Otherwise Process Information
- as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill our obligations pursuant to the Terms of service. For example, we cannot provide the Services unless we collect and use your location information;
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of emergencies;
- where you have made the information public;
- where necessary in the public interest; and
- where necessary for the purposes of GeoSUPs or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members or partners.
Our Legitimate Interests
We process your information in furtherance of our legitimate interests, including:
- providing and improving the Services, including any personalized Services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing and developing innovative and tailored offerings to our members on a sustained basis; and
- keeping the Services safe and secure. We do so as it is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests of GeoSUP and its members in ensuring the Services are secure, and to protect against fraud, spam and abuse, etc.
Information GeoSUP Collects
GeoSUP collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you or your other members choose to share it with GeoSUP. We receive information in a few different ways, including when you track, complete or submit activities using the Services. GeoSUP also collects information about how you use the Services. There are also several opportunities for you to share information about yourself and your activities with GeoSUP. For example:
- We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
- Profile and use information is collected about you when you choose to upload a picture, activity (including date, time and geo-location information as well as your speed and pace) or post, add your equipment usage, view others’ activities, or otherwise use the Services.
- GeoSUP collects information from devices and apps you connect to GeoSUP. For example, you may connect your Garmin watch or Flywheel account to GeoSUP and information from these devices and apps will be passed along to GeoSUP.
- GeoSUP may collect or infer health information , which may include information such as heart rate or other biometric information, such as power, cadence, height and weight or other indicators. Before you can upload health information to GeoSUP or information from which GeoSUP can infer health information, you must give your explicit consent to the processing of that health information by GeoSUP. You can withdraw your consent to GeoSUP processing your health information at any time.
- We gather information from the photos, posts, comments, likes, messages and other content you share on the Services, including when you routes.
- When you make a payment on GeoSUP, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your credit card information.
- We collect and process location information when you sign up for and use the Services. To record your paddle session and to provide you with your session statistics and inclusion in the Service’s features (for example, the ranking for your profile), it is necessary to collect and record the physical location of your device including, data such as speed and direction.. Processing of your location data is essential to the Services which we provide and a necessary part of our performance of the agreement we have with you.
- GeoSUP allows you to sign up and log in to the Services using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook or Google (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Services with Third-Party Accounts we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to GeoSUP under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy settings in your Third-Party Account.
- To help us to provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your support requests and comments.
- We also obtain additional third party information about members from marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information obtained from other members, third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide. We may also collect information about you from other members such as when they give you like or comment about you.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit the Services, a cookie will be stored on your computer. Generally, cookies and similar technologies work by assigning to your browser or device a unique number that has no meaning outside of GeoSUP. GeoSUP uses these technologies to personalize your experience and to assist in delivering content specific to your interests. Additionally, after you’ve entered your member ID and password during a session on the Services, GeoSUP saves that information so you don’t have to re-enter it repeatedly during that session.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. To manage the collection of information through cookies or other equivalent technology you can use the settings on your browser or mobile device. GeoSUP is committed to providing you choices to manage your privacy and sharing. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Services unavailable to you. GeoSUP may also use your IP address to identify you, to administer the Services and to assist in diagnosing problems with GeoSUP’s servers.
The Services use log files. Stored information includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyse trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc., may be linked to session IDs, athlete IDs and device identifiers.
How GeoSUP Uses Information
We also use your information to analyse, develop and improve the Services. To do this, GeoSUP may use third party analytics providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve the Services. We may also use your information to market the Services, credit or accept payments, provide support related to the Services, protect members and enforce our Terms of Serive, promote safety, and communicate with you. Additionally, your information may be shared with third parties, as set forth below.
GeoSUP may de-identify or aggregate the content you make available in connection with the Services, in ways that do not personally identify you. Examples of such aggregated information or statistical data include information about equipment, usage, demographics, routes and performance. GeoSUP may use, sell, license, and share this information with third parties for research, business or other purposes such as to improve SUP products. Please visit adjust your privacy settings if you object to GeoSUP using your information for these purposes.
We use your information to communicate with you about the Services, send you marketing communications (where you have agreed to receive such messages), or let you know about new features or updates to our Terms of Service. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us. GeoSUP will use your information to communicate with you, for example by sending you notifications.
GeoSUP also uses the information collected and shares it on other SUPmedia Ltd platforms such as SUPboardermag.com.
How Information is Shared
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to GeoSUP such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, processing payments, or fulfilling orders. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. We may also engage service providers to collect information about your use of the Services over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote GeoSUP or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services or other websites or services.
Publicly Available Information
Subject to your privacy settings, your information and content may be publicly accessible.
Third Party Business via API or Other Integrations
When you choose to use third party apps, plug-ins, or websites that integrate with the Services, they may receive your information and content, including your personal information, photos, and your activity data (including private activities). Information collected by these third parties is subject to their terms and policies. GeoSUP is not responsible for the terms or policies of third parties.
Affiliates and Acquirors of our Business or Assets
We may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Service or fraud or abuse of GeoSUP or its members, or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
We may share your information with third parties when we forward Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notifications, which will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
How We Protect Information
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure. The Services uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit card numbers. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm GeoSUP’s identity before any personally identifiable information is sent. In addition, GeoSUP’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. GeoSUP recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the services you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than http://), along with the security symbol of your browser to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the services to which you are connected. Please check the validity of any Services you connect to using secure communications.
While GeoSUP continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and GeoSUP cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to GeoSUP. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Managing Your Settings
GeoSUP offers several features and settings to help you manage your privacy and how you share your activities. Most privacy settings are located in your profile settinsg of the GeoSUP app but some are specific to individual activities or athletes. GeoSUP provides you the option to make your profile and activities private. To manage your privacy settings go to the settings in your GeoSUP app.
Adjust Notification and Email Preferences
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update profile or account information that is inaccurate at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings. If you need further assistance, please contact GeoSUP at geosup.com. GeoSUP will generally respond to your request within 7-10 business days.
Deleting Information and Accounts
You may request that your account is deleted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Information you have submitted will remain in the database but all personal information relating to that data will be removed.
Note that content you have shared with others (for example, through Clubs) or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have deleted your account or deleted the information from your own profile. Your public profile may be displayed in search engine results until the search engine refreshes its cache.
EU Members’ Rights
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
- Access and Porting
You can access much of your information by logging into your account. If you require additional access, a download of your information or if you are not a GeoSUP member, contact us at email@example.com.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete
You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your account. If you are unable to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. GeoSUP will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent
Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process health-related data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Retention of Information
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to GeoSUP, such as statistics of the use of the Services. For example, we may retain publicly available routes and spots and other depersonalized geolocation information to continue to improve the Service. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.